About Institution Innovation Cell at SIMS
The Incubation Cell at SIMS was established in 2019 as per the norms of MHRD’s Innovation Cell, Govt. of India. Innovation cell will focus on creating complete eco system which will foster the culture of Innovation of educational institution from ideas generation to pre-incubation, incubation and graduating from the incubator as successful start-ups. Innovation cell will also work on designing ranking system to identify institutions in the forefront of innovation.
Innovation Cell encourages the creative energy of our student population to work on new ideas and innovation and promote them to create start-ups and entrepreneurial ventures.
Major focus of IIC
Functions of IIC
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.