1. Bengaluru City University announced the results for the I Semester Examinations held in the month of February/March 2020. The students have performed exceedingly well with 8 students securing First Class Distinction in the examinations.
2. Kavya C M, III Semester MBA has participated in the Inter-University Competition held to commemorate Gandhi Jayanthi by Gandhi Bhavan, where she won II Prize in the Quiz Event and was felicitated by Gandhi Bhavan on 2nd October 2020.
3. Deepak. K, a student of II Semester has successfully begun his car detailing enterprise by the name of “Cust Ur Car”. Cust ur Car was started in the month of March 2020 as an idea to deliver car interior services at door step. This was done with a view that since many people go to service centres to drop off their cars for service and maintenance, he wanted to send service providers to the door step of the customer with an intention to help with the vehicle servicing. He markets his business via Whatsapp and Facebook and is currently serving customers in and around Bengaluru. He intends to set-up a website to help further expand his business.
1. SIMS is rigorously putting efforts to mould students with current practical exposure to the corporate world by conducting training programmes to the students from the I Semester upto the IV Semester on the various areas like MS Excel, Finance ,HR Marketing, etc. Through these programmes, 90 percent of the students have been placed as Interns in many esteemed organization such as Lexus, TCFM, ABB, Alpha Labs, Decathlon, ITC, Bajaj, Pepsico, Central Mall, Orion Mall, to name a few.
2. Students from II Year have also attended various campus interviews in companies such as Bayers, KPMG, Fidelity, Amazon, Vee Technologies, Magic Bricks, etc. Five students from II Year have been placed in Fidelity Inc. namely Akshay B Mulgund, Amrutha V, Nagendra K, Naveen SN, and Vijay C. Poornitha R from II Year has been placed in Bayer AG Ltd.
3. Three Students of I Semester namely Kavya CM, Varsha M and Harshitha BA were given an opportunity to give an interview to Public TV regarding the Nirbhaya Case. It was predominantly focused on the matter about the accused who had appealed to the Supreme Court for the revokation of their death sentence. They spoke strongly for the victim and why the decision of the Supreme Court for the accused should stand as a landmark judgement and as an example for other related cases.
4. Ishwariya R, Student of I Semester is an avid designer of clothes and has been featured in various newspapers for her innovative and creative designs for various collections. She has also won many accolades for the same at various events. She has also been instrumental in training her fellow classmates for various fashion show events in Inter-Collegiate Fests across different colleges in Bengaluru.
1. Nisha A student of MBA (HR Specialisation) has been awarded C V Narayana Rao Memorial Gold Medal and Grade First Class by Bangalore University for securing the highest Marks for the academic year 2016-18.
2. Midhuna S, a management student from II Year, has a list of achievements in her pocket. She enthusiastically participates in intercollegiate fests, national level management fests and has also won many awards in the same including Best Manager award in institutions like MES college of Arts, Science and Commerce, Seshadripuram College, Acharya Institute of Management Studies, Ramaiah Institute of Technology, etc.
3. Apart from pursuing MBA (IV semester), Karan Rajendra Khandekar also works as Bootstrap Studio Certified Instructor at KEET( Khandekar Electronic Educational Technology Pvt Ltd.) where he trains students in Bootstrap studio which is a website designing desktop application. He is a Director / Co-Founder / Sr. Designer at "Khandekar Electronic Educational Technology Pvt Ltd (KEET)". He is also working as a film editor and digital intermediate artist, he works with various film production houses including those of Indian and Australian. He has also directed a short film “Haath” in 2015 and in March 2017, he started his own post-production company “Final Screen Cut”.He is also an author of Bootstrap Studio Quiz Book which helps students in their online exam of Bootstrap Studio Certification Course.
4. Santhosh. S (Post Warden) from IV Semester MBA is a member of the Karnataka Civil Defence Quick Response Team, which is a voluntary government organization that comes under Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India and Govt. of Karnataka. He helps in managing disaster and assists the Fire and Emergency personnels. The National Disaster Response Force, The State Disaster Response Force. The police personnels during pre and post disaster management. He has undergone various trainings both in state and national level academies such as the prestigious Administrative Training Academy Mysore, Civil Defence Academy Bangalore and The National Civil Defence College, Nagpur. The various training undergone includes First Aid, Fire and Safety Management, Disaster Management, Wireless Communication, Earthquake Risk Mitigation and Management, Auxillary Fire Fighting, Basic life Support, All India Watermanship Course, Management of Deceased and so on. Apart from this he has also attended various seminars, training’s and workshops on Disaster Management organized by the Revenue Department (Disaster Management Cell), Govt. of Karnataka.